A big hello to all my friends and fellow EO members!
It’s an honour for me to represent all you amazing entrepreneurs and am humbled to step into the role of president of EO New Delhi Chapter for 2012-13.
It has been my personal privilege to have served on the EO board along with some of the most energized, super charged and crazy bunch of people I have known in my life………….they have been like a drug for me and I feed off their energy.
Last year’s been a phenomenal year with so many new benchmarks by the out-going board. I would like to congratulate Ashna who over the months and years has put in tremendous energies into good work for the chapter. Shamit and Adit delivered an explosive learning calendar for us, Vibhas went on to create lots of buzz on Facebook and got many of our members to start contributing articles for our newsletters. Deepak has steered our forum placements to another level, Ashna chaired two memorable retreats, On the membership front, we introduced the EO Navigator program to help our new members integrate better and faster. Thanks to Rajiv, it was a record year for sponsorship. I must say each board member defiantly made their mark! Because of the collective efforts, the chapter has never been as ‘ENGAGED’ as it is now. Last but definitely not the least, none of this could have been executed without the hard work and dedication put in by Suja. Thank you, Suja!
Outside of my family, EO has been and continues to be the biggest influence on my personal development. My involvement on the EO board has been the single most significant driver of such development. Within EO we all have opportunities to develop ourselves. My first step in this wonderful journey began as moderator of my forum in 2006, continued through to stepping onto the board in 2007 and it continues on as I collaborate with all of you to celebrate 25 years of EO this year.
The skills that I have learned in EO leadership have been equally applicable to all aspects of my life, be it family, personal or business. Thanks to EO, I have developed an increasing global perspective and learned invaluable business tools. Thanks to EO I have acquired effective meeting management techniques, and become a better listener. In EO I have created lifelong relationships and felt a sense of significant belonging. EO has provided me with so many once-in-a-life-time experiences that I would not have got on my own. Thank you EO and thank all of you wonderful friends.
A couple of initiatives the new board will be launching in the coming months:
– Introduction of EO Delhi’s first Spousal Chair – Our first step in getting more engagement from EO spouses and children. A great opportunity for spouses to experience EO style leadership.
– Creation of EO New Delhi’s first Injected Members Council championed by our veteran EO members, to bring in more participation from our tenured members.
– Launching of a 6 month forum mentor-ship program for our newly formed forums, so they are able to deep dive within forum quickly.
– To encourage our members to experience international EO events. We shall roll out a $500 rebate to all EO New Delhi members who wish to attend an international EO University or EO Global learning program, and
– An insane chapter retreat being planned to Beirut in the last weekend of September. With this I would like to introduce to you, our new in-coming EO NEW DELHI BOARD and LEADERSHIP TEAM for 2012-13:
Shamit Khemka as Membership & Integration Chair
Rajiv Bajaj as Learning Chair
Karan Bhatia as Learning Co-Chair Vibhas Prasad as Forum Chair
Aditya Burman as Communications Chair
Anant Kanoi as Finance and Sponsorship Chair
AND for the first time, Aanchal Bhatia as EO New Delhi’s Spousal Champion.
ALSO for the first time EO New Delhi’s Injected Members Council : Deepak Jain, Naveen Munjal and Riju Jhunjhunwala.
Suja shall step into her new role as Chapter Director and I would like to introduce Amarjeet Kaur who will be joining us as Chapter Administrator.
Going forward, we have adopted the theme for the next year to be “Innovate, Inspire and Integrate” – Innovate the way we do things, Inspire each other along the way, and Integrate all our members, our spouses and our children through once-in-a-life-time experiences.
Let’s INNOVATE – INSPIRE – INTEGRATE AND PARTY HARD ……………